The Top 10 will pitch their venture live on-stage at CES in hopes of being one of three companies selected to move onto the final round taking place on Sir Richard Branson’s Necker Island.
Introducing, the Extreme Tech Challenge 2017 Top 10 Semifinalists:
- Audicus – Audicus sells hearing aids online with prices 70% less than competitors. Audicus is now developing technologies to test hearing remotely, optimizing the process of obtaining hearing aids even further. (Founder: Patrick Freuler)
- Canaria– Featuring unobtrusive 24×7 wireless vital signs monitoring, Canaria monitors heart rate and blood oxygen and has an audible danger threshold alarm to alert the wearer when they need to head back to safety. (Founders: Alex Moss, James Lynn, Rob Finean)
- Cloudwear – Developing mobile technology for cybersecurity, Cloudwear provides frictionless (zero user action), ultra-secure and invisibly autonomous Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for mobile. (Founders: Wendell Brown & Kevin Shen)
- Cresilon – Cresilon makes a gel technology that stops traumatic bleeding in seconds without the need for manual pressure. (Founders: Joe Landolina & Isaac Miller)
- Emerge – Creating a device that uses ultrasound to digitize touch for AR/VR, Emerge is the first haptic interface that works. Emerge is a VR company making vast strides, creating world-changing magic on par with the first mouse-based windowing systems.
- Intezer Labs – Intezer Labs is a cyber security startup, currently in stealth mode that has developed a security solution that gives the user control and full visibility for all the code running through their enterprise network. (Founders: Itai Tevet, Roy Halevi)
- MobileODT – Enabling mobile phones to screen for cancer and other diseases, startup MobileODT turns mobile phones into intelligent, visual diagnostic tools allowing any health provider, anywhere in the world, to conduct visual inspections on the level of an expert practitioner. (Founder: Ariel Beery)
- ReDeTec– Producer of a desktop filament extruder and recycling unit for 3D printers, ReDeTech creates novel plastic processing technology with significantly reduced energy and space requirements, freeing plastic recycling from the factory floor and making it a much more accessible technology for everyone. (Founders: Dennon Oosterman, Alex Kay)
- SWFL Filament – Filament provides a secure foundation for the industrial internet of things. Filament connects legacy machinery with secure, private mesh connectivity, as well as enabling microtransactions among autonomous devices. (Founder: Eric Jennings)
- VantageRobotics – Vantage Robotics creates the best flying camera in the world, making it easy for anyone to capture stunning aerial video. Their team includes DARPA Grand Challenge winners, IDEO alumni, and experienced entrepreneurs. (Founders: Joe van Niekerk, Tobin Fisher)