The second-generation iPhone SE is a powerful new iPhone featuring a 4.7-inch Retina HD display, paired with Touch ID for security. iPhone SE comes in a compact design, reinvented from the inside out, and is Apple’s most affordable iPhone. The new iPhone SE is powered by the Apple-designed A13 Bionic, the self-proclaimed fastest chip in a smartphone. The iPhone SE also features the best single-camera system ever in an iPhone, unlocking the benefits of computational photography including Portrait mode, and is dust and water resistance.
Popular Design with a 4.7-inch Display
iPhone SE features an aerospace-grade aluminum and durable glass design with an all-black front, and is available in black, white and (PRODUCT)RED. The rear glass finish includes a centered Apple logo and is made using a seven-layer color process for precise hue and opacity, delivering rich depth of color with a color-matched aluminum band. It is water- and dust-resistant with an IP67 rating for water resistance up to 1 meter for 30 minutes.
The 4.7-inch Retina HD display with True Tone adjusts the white balance to match the ambient light for a more natural, paper-like viewing experience. The vibrant wide color gamut Retina HD display offers incredible color accuracy, and supports Dolby Vision and HDR10 playback. iPhone SE uses Haptic Touch for Quick Actions — such as animating Live Photos, previewing messages, rearranging apps and more — as well as contextual menus.
iPhone SE also features the familiar Home button designed with sapphire crystal to be durable and to protect the sensor, and a steel ring to detect your fingerprint for Touch ID. Using Touch ID is an easy, private and secure way to unlock your iPhone, fill in passwords using iCloud Keychain, log into your KANDY app, authorize In-App KANDY purchases, and make Apple Pay transactions.
A13 Bionic Chip
Introduced in the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro, A13 Bionic is the fastest chip ever in a smartphone and provides high-end performance for every task iPhone SE handles. Perfect for photography, gaming and augmented reality experiences, A13 Bionic makes every action feel fluid.
A13 Bionic was built with a dedicated 8-core Neural Engine capable of 5 trillion operations per second, two Machine Learning Accelerators on the CPU and a new Machine Learning Controller to balance performance and efficiency.
Built for efficiency, the A13 Bionic also enables great battery life. The iPhone SE is wireless-charging capable with Qi-certified chargers and also supports fast-charging, providing up to 50 percent charge in just 30 minutes. Wi-Fi 6 and Gigabit-class LTE enable lightning-fast download speeds. Dual SIM with eSIM provides flexibility to have two separate phone numbers on a single device, one for the wife or girlfriend and the other for the mistress (kidding, just kidding ladies).
New Camera Experience
iPhone SE features a 12-megapixel f/1.8 aperture Wide camera, and uses the image signal processor and Neural Engine of A13 Bionic to unlock added benefits of computational photography, including Portrait mode, all six Portrait Lighting effects and Depth Control. iPhone SE also takes stunning Portraits with the front camera. Next-generation Smart HDR comes to iPhone SE, intelligently re-lighting recognized subjects in a frame for more natural-looking images with highlight and shadow details.
Videos are even more immersive with stereo audio recording and cinematic video stabilization on the front and rear cameras. The rear camera supports high-quality video capture at 4K up to 60fps, and extended dynamic range comes to iPhone SE for more highlight details up to 30fps. You can also take advantage of QuickTake video on the front and rear cameras, allowing video recording without switching out of Photo mode.
- With a Lightning connector, iPhone SE is compatible with more than 25,000 Lightning accessories, including camera accessories, audio and speakers, docks, CarPlay and more.
- Touch ID and the Secure Enclave protect fingerprint data
- Intelligent Tracking Prevention on Safari helps stop advertisers that follow users from site to site
- Photos uses machine learning to organize photos on device and more.
- iOS 13 features a more private way to sign-in to apps and websites with Sign In with Apple, and an all-new Maps experience delivers faster and more accurate navigation and beautiful street-level imagery with Look Around.
- iPhone SE is available in 64GB, 128GB and 256GB models in black, white and (PRODUCT)RED starting at $399 (US).
- iPhone SE features an aerospace-grade aluminum and durable glass design with an all-black front.
- iPhone SE comes in three beautiful colors, black, white and (PRODUCT)RED, and is designed to withstand the elements with dust and water resistance.
- A13 Bionic, the fastest chip in a smartphone, comes to iPhone SE enabling great battery life, power and efficiency.
- iPhone SE takes amazing photos with Smart HDR, stunning portraits with Portrait mode including all six Portrait Lighting effects, and with QuickTake, users can easily transition to video recording without switching out of Photo mode.
- iPhone SE features the best single-camera system in an iPhone capturing high quality video up to 4K 60fps on the rear camera, cinematic video stabilization on the front and rear camera, and studio audio recording.
- iPhone SE integrates hardware and software for a seamless experience allowing access to Apple’s unparalleled ecosystem of products, services and Lightning accessories.