Below is our quick look back at Friday night’s two game slate. If you missed Thursday night’s recap, miss it no more.
Packers 24, Colts 21
1. Aaron Rodgers looks ready for the season. He was sharp again, especially in the no-huddle offense. Rodgers has completed 34-of-43 passes for 375 yards with three scores in the preseason.
2. Green Bay’s offensive line doesn’t look ready yet. Rodgers took four sacks in one half. Chad Clifton had a very rough night, with two sacks allowed and a holding call to nullify a touchdown.
3. Former Bears defensive tackle Tommie Harris has found life in Indianapolis. He likely wrapped up a roster spot with a good effort, including a key sack.
Rams 14, Chiefs 10
2. Sam Bradford seems comfortable in a dink and dunk offense. (16 attempts for 96 yards and two touchdowns.) His receivers struggled to separate. Brandon Gibson, Mike Sims-Walker, and Danny Amendola look like the top three Rams receivers.
3. Matt Cassel continues to struggle. He went 6-for-13 for 59 yards. His only scoring “drive” went backwards after a turnover. The Chiefs starting offense got nothing out of the preseason.
4. Dexter McCluster has been the best Chiefs offensive player this preseason. (Although that’s not saying much.) He had five catches. We’ll see if that carries over.